The Best

Monday 18 April 2011

April 18, 2011

Monday is weigh day. Came in At 192 lbs. Better get another scale as I really thought I had gained weight.
Yesterdays workout was o.k.. I didn't work out today as I took apart the Total Flex.

One of the gray resistance bands was not properly fitted onto one on the pulleys covered by the, well cover. That has caused some wearing on the cover over the rubber.
Second, about 3 screws were loose and needed tightening. I found this because I took the seats off to find out where that chemical/glue smell was coming from. I first thought it was the upholstery cover that smelled but I took the covering off both seats and it turns out it's actually the foam cushions. 

Since this thing was made in China, God only knows what toxins I'm breathing. Formaldehyde, sulfur, PCB's, dioxin?  I'm going to replace the foam and see if I can find somewhere to test the foam I took off to see if it's safe.

Anyway, I made my headrest extension to make it 6 inches longer. I also made a portable 4" seat extension to support my back when doing bench presses. It can't be permanent as it would interfere with the seat adjustment pins.

I'm on my way to changing my recommendation of this product to a "Don't Buy".  

No comments:

Post a Comment